Through an incredible partnership with The Ian Potter Foundation we are excited to announce an opportunity for people with disability to join our Bushcare Training Program. This training program has been developed with the objective of learning within a team environment to carry out tasks that will assist in maintenance of various bush regeneration sites. The skills developed through the semester can then be used to meet the employment and life goals of the participant.
The Bushcare training program will focus on developing new skills in workplace health and safety, tool safety, weed identification and removal, planting and bush regeneration best practice.
There are positions available based out of Chatswood and Brookvale; Chatswood will commence September 10th 2018 and Brookvale will commence by the end of October 2018.
If you, or someone you know may be interested in the program please consider the following intake criteria and forward your interest to the Manager – Bushlink
BUSHLINK WORK EXPERIENCE PROGRAM – INTAKE CRITERIA
When Week commencing 10/09/18 – Mondays or Wednesdays for 24 weeks. 9am – 3pm.
Where The Dougherty Centre, Chatswood (then transported to and from site in Bushlink utility)
Title Bush Regeneration Work Experience – Bushlink
Objective of Position
Learning within a team environment to carry out tasks that will assist in maintenance of various bush regeneration sites.
Perform on site tasks
- Target weeding
- Carting and spreading mulch
- Rubbish Removal
- Packing and unpacking vehicle
- Maintenance of tools and equipment
Skills to be taught
- Safe use of hand held tools
- Identification of weeds
- Control of weeds
- Workplace Health and Safety
- Manual handling
- Planting and mulching
- Bushland sites, Parks & Reserves
- Indoor work site for some training
- Willingness to work in bush regeneration, outdoors
- Willingness to work in a team environment alongside all abilities
- Ability to listen to Supervisor and follow 3 step tasks
- Ability to work with intermittent supervision
- Ability to access a variety of worksites and carry out on site tasks
- Communication skills to
- seek assistance
- communicate basic work problems and ideas
- alert Supervisor and other participants to potential WHS issues
- Ability to stay on task and work safely
Service Agreement based on NDIS funding for support provision. Categories may include Finding and Keeping a Job, School Leavers Employment Supports, Core Supports.
For Expression of Interest please contact us.
email@example.com OR 9905 5804